Wildfire season isn’t limited to summer and fall any more. Before things really heat up, California homeowners can take simple steps to protect their homes and neighborhoods against wildfires.
- Clear the space around your home, from 100 to 500 feet depending on conditions.
- Landscape the area around your home with fire-resistant plants.
- Use non-combustible building materials.
- Check the area around your home for any fire hazards.
- Have an adequate water supply handy for fire fighting.
- Make sure there are accessible roads to your home.
For more information:
- Is Your Home Fire Safe?
- Wildfire Prevention